How to get a 1950s waistline! Jack LaLanne's EASY & SIMPLE exercise!

I love Jack LaLanne more and more since reading his vintage, out-of-print book Abundant Health and Vitality After 40. I'll be sharing a few of his exercises in it, and the first one is so simple and easy! I can't wait to see the results after some time because my "mid section" has been the most challenging to me.

This exercise is called "Side Leans" and is designed "for you ladies who'd like to have a tiny waist." You'll need a chair with a straight back. "Sit astradle of it facing the back, arms dangling at your sides, feet flat on the floor."



Then, on the count of One, lean as far to the left as you can then on the count of Two, to the right. Repeat, and try to lean further each time. 

I did this and wasn't feeling it in my waist at first but instead in my thighs. I sat up straighter, keeping my back as flat as possible and did it again as I leaned to the left and to the right and YES, I could feel it in the sides of my waist! I did some more the following day and it's encouraging because I definitely feel like I'm using muscles that have been begging for attention.

Jack promises that your "spare tire" will be replaced with a "muscular girdle." I just measured my waist so that I can keep track of whether it's working or not. Let me know if you try this!

Comments

  1. I will add this exercise to my morning exercises!
    I have been looking all around my city for any books by Joe, and have yet to come up with even one! Thats why appreciate you posting his exercises and thoughts on diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you appreciate them!

      Joe Bonomo will be hard to find, but Jack LaLanne still has many books in print, some quite recent. When I have time I hope to read them!

      Delete
  2. I'm new so I'm reading old posts. How did this turn out for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well! I tend to do these more during the cold months here in Maine when I'm less active outdoors.

      Delete

Post a Comment