Good Morning from Maine!


This was the view outside my window this morning and I wanted to share it with you! To combat the January blahs I am going to have lunch out today, someplace new, where, I don't know yet! While I do make healthy choices when I eat out, I DO eat french fries from time to time as long as they aren't the fast food type.

A few years ago I would be breaking my resolution to diet right about now, oblivious to the lovely things around me, even in the Maine winter, and using junk food to get me through. I love that I now enjoy eating simple, wholesome foods that nourish me and actually cheer me up instead of giving me a temporary high followed by a mood crash. I don't miss that at all.

I hope that my blog is helping you find joy in being good to yourself!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful view, Averyl! I wish we'd get some snow here in the Chicago area. It's so uplifting and bright! We had a little but it melted but I'm hopeful for more.

    Enjoy your day!

    Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get snow soon!!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely scene!
    Your blog is most definitely an inspiration -- to thoroughly enjoy the simple pleasures in life, especially being good to our bodies.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that when I am eating the right way, I feel good, and free-- suddenly my thoughts shift to how I can be a better help to my family. Housework no longer feels like a chore. I just have more energy, physically, and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we eat balanced, healthy meals it helps enable us to live balanced healthy lives by providing needed nourishment. That's why it gets easier to be good to yourself the longer you do it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!