Mr. Peanut/Beth's Peanutty Slaw, 1970


This recipe is from Mr. Peanut's Guide to Nutrition, 1970. I'm eating a bowl of it right now and it is insanely delicious!



I doubled the cabbage but cut back on the fat per serving although it's still very rich:

10 cups chopped (I prefer it to shredded) cabbage (220 calories)
1 cup mayonnaise (1,580 calories)
3 teaspoons salt
1.5 tbsp maple syrup (75 calories)
4 teaspoons vinegar
1/2 cup crunchy no sugar added peanut butter in lieu of chopped peanuts (750 calories)


The crunchy peanut butter works really well because you get more of a blended peanut flavor but you still have some chopped bits with each bite. Makes 8 servings with 330 calories each if you have it for lunch or 16 sides at 165 calories each. I LOVE THIS!

Comments

  1. I still have SO much more to learn!!! You love this and I love you!!
    ~lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have SO much more to learn!!! You love this and I love you!!
    ~lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the Beth in Beth's Peanutty Slaw! My aunt worked at the PR firm that represented Planters. She wrote the book and put my sister Nancy and I in the recipes. At the time I hated the slaw, I have grown to love it over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! That's so cool that you stopped by! Thanks! How did you find my blog?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!