My Tribble is in Trouble :(

This is my darling, Chauncey, a guinea pig (who can easily be mistaken for a Tribble or rock star with his long locks I need to trim on a regular basis) I've had for 4 1/2 years.

On Friday he stopped eating. We took him to the vet who said he needed some dental work which he had done (they had to put him under to do that) along with other tests on Monday. $450 later and five days of my hand-feeding him, he now is trying to eat on his own but can't keep anything in his mouth. I've made him fruit salads with cut up pieces of all his favorites but even that isn't working.

I am very worried about my little man. I have made an appointment at another vet who specializes in guinea pigs to get a second opinion. Please send some healing wishes his way if you believe in that sort of thing. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Ah, I hope he makes a speedy recovery! I've never seen a guinea pig up close before. Moms was terrified of anything smaller than a cat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs. Our chihuahua had issues earlier this year. It's so tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry! Poor little baby. Good thoughts and prayers his way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope little Chauncey is on the mend. Poor fella!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Today he was able to eat a whole lettuce leaf on his own! He is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay!! Little cute funny thing. We love our pets so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Averyl, how is Chauncey now?

    Happy 4th!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for asking and happy 4th to you. : ) He is now able to eat all of his lettuce and some pieces of hay on his own now along with bites of fruit. I have been supplementing that with hand feeding him. His spirits have been high and he now comes out of his pigloo and seems more like his old self. I am so grateful that he has improved like this. I hope he will soon eat his pellets and more hay, we'll see. : )

      Delete
    2. That's great news! Thanks for the update. I hadn't seen you "out and about" for a while and I was worried he was doing worse. Love "pigloo". Haha…

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm so glad, Averyl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!