RIP My Dear Chauncey


My darling Chauncey, who I've had since he was a tiny baby, was two months shy of six years old which is up in the years for guinea pigs. Yesterday morning all seemed normal with him. In fact the photo above was taken only a week ago. He ate his breakfast of lettuce and apple slice as usual. I left to do some Christmas shopping and when I returned he was in visible pain. I rushed him to the vet and x-rays and exams revealed some very serious medical issues with a poor prognosis. In addition he had been living with congestive heart failure which I had been managing with medication. It's too painful to detail, but the medications they gave him for yesterday's symptoms didn't help and I had to rush him back to the vet later in the day. His decline was sudden and serious. Late yesterday I had to make that hard unselfish choice that pet parents must do, and set him free. RIP my dear Chauncey.

Comments

  1. I am SO sorry. It's always a hard choice, but sounds like it was clear. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. You gave him a good home. I'm very sorry for your loss. donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time lurker. So sorry to hear about your pet. So sad :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Long Time Lurker. I appreciate you breaking your silence to offer your sympathy. It all helps.

      Delete
  5. So sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this?? I'm so sorry, Averyl, it is so hard to lose our sweet pets. They are family members. RIP dear Chauncey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of your sweet pig.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!