From Before it Was Illegal for Women to Go Gray: Blue Gray Nestle Colorinse


I bought this at a flea market about five years ago. At the time I was feeling insecure about my gray strands. I almost bought into the idea that I'd "have" to start coloring my hair to hide them. Seeing this gave me a new perspective.


I love the idea of highlighting gray hair instead of hiding it out of a sense of shame and some kind of societal obligation.


No, letting hair go gray isn't the same as letting yourself go!

Comments

  1. I agree with your last statement. I had colored my hair off and on since I was 16. It's been a few years now but I got tired of the mess and hassle. You have to be careful in the sun, in the pool, what shampoo you use, etc. so as not to mess up the color.

    It's been so freeing for me to just let my hair go natural. We can't stay young forever so why hide it? Taking care of yourself to be the best you can be at whatever age you are is what's important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I agree with your last statement, Aileen!

      Delete
  2. Glorify your hair... beautiful. I wonder what Linda Rodin uses, if anything? She has the best tinsel ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this:

      http://thezoereport.com/beauty/linda-rodin-interview/

      Delete
    2. oh wow! thanks! that is a thorough report... funny that everything but the Clairol is a taddddd out of my price range. I'll keep that in mind when I go full tinsel :)

      Delete
  3. see? I am already using "tinsel" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment