New for Spring & Summer 1952: Cool, Sunfast, Washable Skips

As inspiration for not just spring, but beautiful classic fashions that would look great worn today, I'll be scanning style picks from my 1952 Montgomery Ward catalog. I'll begin the series with these cotton braid "vamps":

"Summer casuals, no matter what their color. On in a jiffy, off in a jiffy. Elastic straps that fit snugly about ankles for comfort. Matching cotton twill covered platforms and arch wedge heels. Long-wearing rubber soles." $2.79 



"A riot of gay colors, perfect for summer beach play wear. Perfect companions for light cottons." $2.89

Comments

  1. I love these old ads! Good ole days when we (US) used to make our clothes. Sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of "ready-made" clothes in this catalog. I'll be posting more over the next couple of months. :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I agree with Alana. Wish we'd manufacture all of our own things again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still can!;) I tried to teach myself sewing but it wasn't my thing.

      Delete
  3. They are pretty and they actually look comfortable. In today's shoe ware, the only shoes I find that are both are Bare Traps. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pair of Bare Traps that I loved. Yes, they are very comfy!

      Delete
  4. I would love a pair of those. So many shoes I find not comfortable and I've never been one to wear something painful just because its cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!