The "Why I Failed Department" Weight Loss Edition


I love this 1913 solicitation for The Country Gentleman magazine! What a great idea! I was thinking it can be applied to many things, not just problems of the gentleman farmer. "Crops that grew and flourished but yielded little" made me think of when I had lost weight on a gimmicky diet. It felt like winning but success was always fleeting. "Extensive plans that were intensive failures" is so epic-sounding! I can think of some examples in my own life; I'm sure we all have them. Sticking to weight and eating healthily, I'm thinking of everything I tried up until my success that I've shared extensively in my blog and book. It's very true that my past failures are complete motivators and indicators of what can never work for me.

What about you? What would you submit to a Weight Loss Edition of the "Why I Failed Department" as an example of what led (or can lead) to a more informed and successful next attempt?

Comments

  1. I have certainly failed at thing! Learning from my errors did allow me to do better the next time. Two examples are public speaking and getting into medical school among many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were success based upon prior failures?

      Delete
  2. I failed and listened to many family members in my life growing up, who mocked you for not succeeding the first time, in anything you attempted. Don't ask me why. I don't think I will ever understand them, even as an adult myself. I succeeded when I was alone and my motivation was so high - if I could bottle it = wow. I lost 50lbs. and became a "new person." The ones who helped and motivated me to succeed were strangers and some friends. That is my weight loss failure, and then success, story :-)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite quotes: "To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will." - Sugar Ray Robinson. That motivation you describe is magic!

      Delete
  3. Love that quote Averyl! Everyone needs to know that at some point in their lives. btw, love the picture of you above - a very reflective and thoughtful image.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!