Scarborough River Wildlife Sanctuary


This morning I walked the trail at the Scarborough River Wildlife Sanctuary.


I passed a cormorant that seemed to be watching the tide come in.


Usually there are many egrets but I didn't see any this morning.


It's going to be in the upper 80s today and somewhat hazy which you can see from the sky.


Low tide means you can see the rocks and formations.


There were very few people out this time of morning other than an occasional jogger or cyclist.


A cormorant faced the road, wings spread. They do it to dry their wings, but it looked like he was flashing the passing cars! 

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos and I enjoy reading about your weekend adventures. He (or she) does look like a roadside flasher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, thank you. I'm glad you enjoy these kinds of posts because there will be more coming! And yes, total flasher!!

      Delete
  2. Ah, the upper 80's. Won't know what that's like again till October. I love these photos, too, I'm glad you'll be posting more!

    I'd never heard of a cormorant, I had to google it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aileen! And right! Texas! Upper 80s is your cool, crisp autumn! :)

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful, Averyl! We have cormorants also. From what I've seen in the more northern latitudes, nature explodes with beauty as time is limited. Glad you have it all around you where you live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr J! It's so true that the Maine summers are a dream but also short as you mention. So many things button up for winter and hibernate, hide, or go south. I'm happy to share it here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!