Our hike up Bradbury Mountain, Pownal, Maine



After I hit the "publish" button for my post "I live with a chronic condition that I've spoken about publicly before" we headed out to Bradbury Mountain State Park in Pownal. I was feeling a great sense of relief and freedom.


Northern Loop Trail is only one mile up!


It looks so quiet and peaceful, BUT!


There was a morning race happening and we were caught at the end of it! For the first ten minutes we had dozens of runners passing us by, and because people in Maine are friendly, each and every one said hello to us. Wayne and I were "hi-hello-what's up-how's it going-morning-nice day-etc"ing  for the first ten minutes.



The coast is clear!


A PSA from Mr. T!


Beautiful decay.


Rustic bench.


The exposed tree roots looked like a rickety old stairway.


Approaching the summit!


Wow! 


It was in the 40s that morning but it was warm on top with the direct sunlight.

 
View to the right.
 

Wayne gaining perspective.





Heading back down a different trail.


Another vista.


Pretty leaves covering my old and beat-up walking shoes. We went to L.L.Bean afterward to get a new pair but they didn't have my size so I ended up ordering a pair online.

Comments

  1. Nature can be the perfect restorative. So often I've returned there to heal. Bless you and your strong spirit, Averyl. Thank you for sharing your stories. I know a little something about your arduous journey...our own beautiful, smart, and talented daughter was on a similar journey, but couldn't find her way out, and we lost her two years ago at age 24. I wish you continued strength and peace.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lois, I cried when I read this. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear that you have been able to find some comfort in the beauty of nature. It can be the best balm for a frayed spirit. Thank you for your support! xoxo

      Delete
  2. P.s. enjoy your new shoes...that's restorative, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I really like functional, comfy shoes!!

      Delete
  3. Smart woman, and always ready for an adventure! :-)
    And thank you for your kind words. You are a shining example for others ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. Being out in nature is my favorite place!

    We have nice places to hike in my area also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment