Happy Thanksgiving!


The first turkey I've cooked in my new Le Creuset. Success! I kept it covered in the beginning then removed the lid so the skin could get crispy.

 

Turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed red potatoes with the skins, gluten-free stuffing made with crushed corn crackers, oats, celery, onions and raisins, homemade cranberry sauce and sparkling non-alcoholic apple juice. Everything is organic.


Let's eat!


That pumpkin pie I mentioned.


Wayne, his lovely daughters and their husbands.


I couldn't get him to sit still for a pic. Here he is eating a grape in his playpen.

I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for all of you who read my stuff and take the time to comment! Thank you!

Comments

  1. 1. You, your food, you kitchen and your dishes are beautiful.
    2. Wayne cannot possibly be old enough to have grown, married children.
    3.Timmy is a handsome devil- he is too fabulous to pose for a picture.
    Happiest of holidays- so thankful for your blog and long distance friendship.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, thank you. *sniff* I showed Wayne your IG of Rory tearing the drumstick apart in his dapper sweater and he laughed. I wish you were our neighbors! We appreciate you as well!

      Delete
  2. being actual neighbors would be fantastic :) hope you have a slow, sweet day together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, Averyl! Fantastic pictures! We had a good one as well. I think I mentioned to you last year how I admired your simple menu. I go overboard every year because everyone wants this and that. I must figure out how to simplify it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Simplifying multiple food requests: Family potluck?

      Delete
  4. Great pictures Averyl. I really like the one of you at the oven. It reminded me of those happy 50's or 60's ads, where life looks warm and lovely. We set out to have a simple no stress Thanksgiving dinner. That made things much easier, and better, this year. Everyone decided that there would be no stress - just relax and enjoy each other. - Donnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donnie. I was really feeling that retro relaxation at the oven. :) I'm glad you had a relaxing Thanksgiving with your family!

      Delete

Post a Comment