Bit of a blog break

One of Wayne's dearest friends passed away suddenly and unexpectedly from a heart attack on Saturday night. They were supposed to get together Sunday morning. It's been devastating. He was a very healthy and active man about the same age as Wayne. 

Timmy, who was able to stay off antibiotics for a full year developed an infection and is now on antibiotics. The abuse he suffered from his previous owners three years ago (and happy anniversary to him being with me!) left him with permanent damage to his skull. There is a fracture that permits bacteria to get into places it shouldn't which makes him susceptible to infections. Antibiotics are hard on his system, especially his stomach, so I have to hand feed throughout the night and day. The good news is that he appears to be on the mend.

Yesterday I had a skin biopsy. My health insurance for 2017 and beyond is scary; I've been on Obamacare since my divorce last year. It's pretty stressful.

I just need some quiet time to replenish and reflect on things. I love blogging and will be back! Until then, I hope you have a safe, peaceful and healthy holiday!

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about all the sadness and turmoil in your life during this holiday season. Sending you calming and healing thoughts while awaiting your next wonderful post, Averyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need a break. I am sorry about the sad and stressful things going on in your life. I will miss your posts. Have a calm and beautiful Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog family loves you and wishes you and Wayne good thoughts and good things. Peace to both of you, and to Mr. Timmy. We'll be here when you get back.
    Blessings,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words and support!! I just found out my biopsy came back BENIGN! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! What a relief! Thank you for sharing your great news!

      Delete
  5. Happy to hear about your results. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve a break, Averyl. Take all the time you need. We will be here when you are ready. God bless you, Wayne and Timmy! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aileen!! Blessings to you and your family as well

      Delete
  7. Please tell Wayne that I am sorry for his loss. We lost my father-in-law on Christmas Day many years ago now (it was also his birthday). A loss at Christmastime is doubly difficult. My prayers are with Wayne (and you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I will read this comment to him tonight.

      Delete

Post a Comment