A Bittersweet Birthday


Happy birthday to that kid on the right! Wayne turned 62 today! The boy on the left is his younger brother. Wayne has always loved boats!


I handed him his present a few days ago but told him he couldn't open it until tonight. Was that mean??


Tonight we're having dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant that has been in business since the 1950s. 

Sadly, Wayne's mother also passed away. He said it was OK for me to post that here to share with you. 

I'll post an update on the birthday boy's festivities tonight on my IG.

(You may have noticed that my blog has had a complete makeover. I think it's much cleaner and easier to navigate. I hope you will agree!)

Comments

  1. I like the look of your new blog, Averyl! And a very happy birthday to Wayne! Both our sweeties are March babies (Pisces?), as mine just had a birthday three days ago (he's a tad older than Wayne!). Wonder what's in Wayne's beautifully wrapped box....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and happy birthday to your love! I just posted the gift wrapped reveal on IG along with a mini clip of Wayne being embarrassed by the birthday singing at the restaurant. hee hee

      Delete
  2. P.s. I meant to add my condolences on the loss of Wayne's mother. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your blog looks so Good! It seems you both have gone through so much lately. Wishing you two so much joy in the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie! It does seem that way! We did had a great evening. : )

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Wayne. I'm glad you all had a great celebration despite the recent sadness; very sorry to hear about his mother. I love the clean new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my birthday too! Happy birthday to my twinsie! I don't know anyone else who shares it.

    So sad to hear of his mom's passing. How's he handling it?

    I see your new design has a share button now I didn't notice before. Do you mind us sharing, or pinning your posts?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Happy birthday! He's handling it well. It wasn't sudden or unexpected so there was time to prepare.

      Yes, please do share! Everything I post here is public so the more readers the merrier for me. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment