Sunday Celebration With My Centenarian Nana


Wayne and I drove out of town on Sunday for a family reunion. Our first stop was at my 100 year old Nana's new home before we all went to my aunt's house. Can you get over how fabulous she looks and IS?! I mean, I'd be grateful to look like her at any age! AND, get this...she has 20/20 vision. As in when we arrived she was in the process of applying her lipstick without any eyeglasses!


I wonder what Wayne will look like if he lives to be 100?? 


Nana was happy to see everyone and finally meet Wayne! Here she is with one of my cousins. For the record, I was her first grand kid! I thought it was so cute that SHE brought that up to me yesterday, awwww!


I have so few photos of Wayne and me that aren't selfies, so this one is special.


My aunt always does such a beautiful job with cooking and entertaining.


She made the place cards herself.



There is something very special about this portrait of my great grandmother.


She's wearing the brooch that my aunt still has today!


My aunt is just like my Nana (and me!) They love to collect ephemera.


I've admired this antique seed collection since I was a little girl.


Nana a "few" years ago. She's lovely at any age.

Comments

  1. How fun, and what an amazing woman! You clearly inherited her good looks, positive outlook, and love of beautiful collectables. And hopefully her very good genes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, you really know how to make a gal feel swell! XOXOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was hoping you would! : ) : ) : )

      Delete
  3. Your Nana is beautiful! Happy birthday to her! :D
    And your aunt's house... sigh... Those plates, that table, everything!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula! It was a beautiful day!

      Delete
  4. This was amazing, Averyl!! I never fail to be impressed by your Nana. And your Aunt's table setting is just lovely as is her house. Also, that painting and the brooch!! Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt's guest room is the equivalent of sleeping at a 5 star bed & breakfast. She's the best! (Both of them!) : )

      Delete
  5. Last but not least - love the kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee I wondered if anyone would comment on him.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great (and special) time! Thanks for letting us tag along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun sharing it with my blog buddies! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. So wonderful, Averyl!! I just had a visit from my aunt. Since my mom died a few years ago, I'm so fortunate that she has come more fully into my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet, Dr. J! (I'm sorry about your mom.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are now closed on Outdated By Design which was retired in April of 2017. I am leaving my blog archives online. If you need to reach me please use the handy contact form. Thanks!