Time To Reflect


I need time to grieve the passing of my Nana, and also want to take time to reflect during this Holy Week.

Something I'm contemplating is whether or not I will continue blogging here. I'm thinking about starting anew at Wordpress with a new name and more of a focus on sobriety, recovery from addictions, living with mental illness, the healing powers of spirituality, religion and mindful eating. I would explore a lot of the same things I do here like the beauty of Maine but the emphasis would not be on vintage diets and "eating retro." I'm working behind the scenes on a downloadable booklet or two with complete vintage eating plans, something that people have stated they would really appreciate. Ideally I'll find a publisher so I could do a full second vintage diet book. Right now I can't afford to invest the time to write a full-length diet book without an advance, editor, etc. So booklets, one at a time, seems like a nice alternative.

I welcome your thoughts. I will respond to any comments when I return, sometime after Easter. I wish you all a blessed Palm Sunday or a Happy Passover if you observe either!

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been a long time fan and hope you can continue . if you do many people such as myself would be glad were all hoping you write a vintage collection recipe book. please know you are very much loved by your fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would gladly follow you wherever you go and being someone with Major depression and Panic disorder would still be extremely interested in whatever you blogged. Hope the choices you need to make dont cause you too much stress and again I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow your heart, your spirit, and your imagination...it will all be good. And the booklet idea sounds like the perfect solution...am looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry for your loss. I found your blog through my interest in retro, but have stayed for so much more. I hope you will share the link if you do decide to move. Whatever you feel is best for you will be respected by the caring community you've created here IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for all the loss you've experienced lately. My heart is with you. I'm a big fan, and will follow you regardless. Your content is so universal and relatable and, dare I say, timeless... You are one of those rare bloggers where I feel like no matter what you write about, I actually get to see the real you. It's like hearing from a faraway friend. I find myself commenting less and reflecting more these days, as I'm going through some similar things on my end. I'm glad you're still considering blogging, and am excited to see what surprising new directions life takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly stated, Melanie! I agree. I enjoy your writing no matter the subject and look forward to your next adventure. Many condolences to you on the loss of your Nana. May you feel the peace of the Lord as you remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your sadness, Averyl. Just recently one of the two residents that I went through my surgery residency with, and I was closest to, died unexpectedly from a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment